Demand for nose surgery, medically known as rhinoplasty, is growing rapidly. An increasing number of people are opting for it. If you are also considering this procedure then here are a few facts you should know:
- It is more than cosmetic. It can also correct functional issues too. There are many people who have suffer from breathing troubles from large turbinates or a deviated septum – the part of the nose which filters air and heat when you breathe. Women and men seek corrective and aesthetic procedures in equal numbers that too across all age groups. It is not necessary about vanity – it is a surgery to help people reduce or stop suffering from breathing difficulty, injury or trauma.
- It will not change your voice if you go to the experienced and right doctor. If some cosmetic surgeons tell that your voice will change because of the rhinoplasty then it is not true.
- It is more affordable a procedure than you think. Nose surgery cost will not cost you a bomb or a brand new car. On consultation with the surgeon, you will get to know the cost of the rhinoplasty.
- The surgical procedure lasts for one to two hours and recovery is also mild to moderate. It is performed under general anesthesia and patients have to wear a small cast for up to five days.
- It is during the winter months that most people prefer undergoing nose surgery. Recover from this procedure is quicker and easier during winter months. Also, people prefer the procedure during vacation as the need for taking time off of work is not needed.
- Technique for women’s and men’s rhinoplasty varies. If you think that nose job is a nose job – it is important to know that it is entirely a different art when it comes to rhinoplasty. The slope and angles of a woman’s nose is different from that of a man. Experienced and expert cosmetic surgeons choose angles that feminize a woman’s nose.
- Sleep with two pillows after undergoing the surgery. Make sure you keep your head in an elevated-position to reduce welling. The two pillow method is one of the most effective and easiest ways to help quick recovery ensuring it is on track after the procedure.
Cosmetic surgeons follow two major approaches for reshaping the nose. In open rhinoplasty surgeons take the incision along columella that is the soft tissue between the nostrils. For closed rhinoplasty incisions are taken inside the nostrils.
The difference between two procedures is not just in the way of taking incisions; however there are many other differences that allow surgeons to reshape noses in different ways.
In case of open rhinoplasty surgeons can have a clear view of underlying cartilage. At the same time surgeons can have more freedom to alter and manipulate the nasal shape with higher control and precision. This is not practically possible while incisions are taken inside the nostrils. It would be possible for surgeons to achieve better projection of nose for enlarging the shape and better suppression for sticking it more on the face by open rhinoplasty.
Cartilages that are oriented to the top of the head will have weakness on their outside portion. Endonasal approach causes roundness of tip and patients may develop a habit of pinching their nose frequently.
By adapting closed rhinoplasty surgeons can have decreased operative time. Patients would have less swelling and healing of stitches and scars after the surgery would require less time as the incisions are made beneath the nostrils. Even post-surgery scars will be invisible as they are hidden behind naturally under the nostrils. In case if a patient is operated specifically for reshaping the tip of nose, there will be almost no swelling at all when closed rhinoplasty procedure would be adapted.
However the ultimate goal of rhinoplasty is to achieve desired shape of nose. So, sometimes the patient may compromise swelling to get the desired results irrespective of pain that is experienced by him for somewhat longer duration after the surgery.
Surgeons decide on the type of procedure depending on less downtime and swelling by closed rhinoplasty and requirement of open rhinoplasty if it is required to increase the nasal structure and variant nasal anatomy.
KAS Medical Center
13A Palam Marg, Vasant Vihar
Delhi – 110057
Call/whatsapp on: +91-9818369662, 9958221983/2/1
RHINOPLASTY VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmpekcY7zk
Get more information: http://www.bestfacesurgeryindia.com
Get more information: http://www.themedspa.us/cosmetic-surgery/nose-surgery.html